Saturday, July 6, 2019

Introduction to this Blog

Hello everyone!

Welcome to my blog. I plan to mostly dedicate it to my information about my novels-in-progress, book and anime recommendations, autism acceptance articles, RWBY reviews, character profiles and and analysis, and other random things that are relevant in my life.

A little about me 

I don't want to say too much about myself because I'm not one of those people who spills all their personal information all over the internet for everyone to see. (Honestly, I didn't really want to put a picture of myself on this blog, but I also felt an anime character would be inappropriate.) I am an American college student studying English and psychology. I plan to be a librarian if I don't magically manage to publish my novels and make a living off of them within the next few years. I have autism and anxiety disorder and am very open to talking about these conditions to encourage understanding and acceptance for others. I love Jesus, books, my friends, dragons, anime, comic strips, webcomics, fantasy art, and many other random things.

I have a small following as a writer on Wattpad and a modest amount of reads on my original romance short story, The Rose's Flame. This story is ironic because romance is typically my least favorite genre to read and write, but I have a soft spot for Beauty and the Beast, so I wrote a medieval-ish realistic fiction story loosely based on that fairy tale. It was also for a college class, so I had to compress what was supposed to be a novel into a short story. The result was about 40 pages long and aggravated my classmates because they had to review such a long piece (the assignment was for a 10-20 page story––oops, my bad).

Writing you can read

Most of my currently available writing is anime fan fiction. My Wattpad page features two Death Note fan fictions: a one-shot called "The Detective's Sons" that reimagines Near and Mello as they were originally conceptualized (as L's twin sons); and a longer story (you could almost call it a novella) called Young L: the Triebome Murder Case, which imagines what L's life might have been like at Wammy's House. My page also features the beginning chapters of a post-apocalyptic reimagining of the anime The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.

I also have two original works available on Wattpad, including the aformentioned The Rose's Flame and a collection of poetry called Poems From My Messed Up Mind.

Works-in-progress

For Wattpad, I have another Death Note fan fiction, set in an alternate universe, in the works, as well as a Pokémon one-shot about Team Rocket. I am also working on another Wattpad original story for which the working title is The Sink in the Crawl Space and is about a merman. The Death Note one is the closest to completion, but I'm trying to finish Young L first.

As for works that are not publicly available, I have about 50 novels-in-progress. I'm sure many of them won't see the light of day for many, many years, but here are the ones that I work on pretty often.

The Circle of Dragons and Riders: Pieces of Silver: I began writing this novel when I was 12, and it is (hopefully) on its last draft before being widely submitted to publishers. It follows the story of Kelise Kennedy, a teenager who gets kidnapped by a dragon named Hornagal and shown a world called Dageryn, where dragons and magic exist and castles and corsets are still a thing. Kelise is invited to join an elite group of dragon riders known as the Circle of Dragons and Riders. She is hesitant but finds the offer too interesting to pass up and become a dragon rider without her parents' knowledge. However, she soon finds herself caught up in an ancient feud, hiding her secret, and a potentially dangerous friendship with an abrasive assassin who may have a few secrets herself.

Circle of Dragons Sequels: Pieces of Silver is the first in a series of 5-6 books set in Dageryn, as well as few novellas detailing the backstories of some of the older riders and their dragons. The working titles for the first three sequels to Pieces of Silver have working titles of Shards of Onyx, Fragments of Citrine, and Remnants of Emerald.

The other novels from the series I will likely talk about the most are the fifth and sixth book in the CoD series, which are both currently just called Scrap Klents 1 & 2. These two novels are set 100 years after Pieces of Silver and follow the life of Scrap Klents, a reluctant dragon rider who is dragged into a war that she is supposed to win for the Circle. Her road is probably the most difficult of any character I've ever written, especially once she is experimented on by a demonic creature called Hepherates. Finally, I will likely talk quite a bit about the novella currently called Charlie's Recovery. This novel focuses around Circle rider Charlie Schneider as she struggles with PTSD after being rescued from a two year imprisonment by a Dagerynian terrorist.

The Almost Life of Margaret Magistrate: I used to have a few chapters of this novel posted on Wattpad, but I took them down because they contained wildly inaccurate details about the world of the story. Margaret Magistrate is the closest science has ever come to creating a synthetic human; she is an android who feels emotions, pain, and can build bonds with humans. She lives in a world where Earth's landscape has become practically uninhabitable, so humans live in overcrowded domed cites. Margaret's civilization is divided into two factions: the inner ring of her city is ruled by Kovalishin, a large government-like organization run by President Theodore Castor, and the outer ring is controlled by DRAK (Defense Resistance Against Kovalishin) which is a smaller, militant organization run by Commander Alan Parkinson. Margaret fights for DRAK's cause, while finding herself a stranger among its people, while Kovalishin would have her and her father's heads (if they knew she existed).

Kelisia & Skyr: This novel is loosely based off of a long-running story my sister and I used to tell when we were kids. Kelisia and Skyr and island nations that have recently made peace after a war where most of the Kelisian people were killed. The story follows the Kakus family, three Kelisian blood siblings and their five adopted siblings. All eight of them were orphaned during the war and become a family under the care of the eldest two, Nunna and Kakus. The story focuses on their daily struggles to get by on the small pay they make from their pottery shop and attempts to uphold their tribe's traditions. Life becomes a lot more difficult from them when Kakus accidentally befriends Crown Princess Skylynn of Skyr.

The Rose's Flame (novelization): This novel is exactly what the title says. It follows pretty much the same plot as the Wattpad short story of the same name but fleshes out characters such as Mallow, Hagmir, and Ambrosia significantly. It also goes into more detail about how Oliver's reputation for being cursed affects the two's early relationship and goes on to tell the story of Rose and Oliver's marriage––as well as thoroughly expanding on the world they live in.

Conclusion

There are a few other novels I work on from time-to-time, but I'll summarize those if I ever talk about them on here. Hope I haven't bored you to death by this point. I promise there will be lots of other stuff that isn't about my writing, especially since I don't want to spoil everything about them before they ever reach a publisher.

I plan to focus a lot on my anime posts and autism articles, because those are a lot more relevant to general readers. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment